- Consumers/Seniors « Chuck Whitlock.
- The Rising Threat Of Scams | ThinkBank.
- Doorstep scams.
- Chapter 5-Scheduling the Home Construction Project (The Pat Fay Method).
What is a doorstep scam? What are some common types of doorstep scams? How can I protect myself from doorstep scams? Always check the ID of any official, and if they're genuine they won't mind waiting while you check. Fake charity collections : A fraudster may pretend they're from a charity and ask you to donate money, clothes or household goods.
Seniors: Victims of Identity Theft
Hard luck stories: Someone may come to your door and ask you to help them out with cash, ask to use your telephone or claim they're feeling unwell. The story is made up and intended to con you out of your money or gain access to your home. There are things you can do to feel safer when answering the door, such as: Putting up a deterrent sign. Setting up passwords for utilities. You can set up a password with your utility companies to be used by anyone they send round to your home.
What is a doorstep scam?
Phone your utility company to find out how to do this. Nominating a neighbour. Like this presentation?
- Why seniors may be more vulnerable?
- A Dangerous Moon [Tales of the Werewolf Clan].
- Strategies to Protect Against Elder Fraud & Scams to Be Aware Of!
- Crapshooter Newsletter #4 (The Crapshooter Newsletter).
- Strengthening and Enriching Your Professional Learning Community: The Art of Learning Together.
Why not share! Embed Size px. Start on.
The Con: How Scams Work, Why You're Vulnerable, and How to Protect Y…
Show related SlideShares at end. WordPress Shortcode. Published in: Education. Full Name Comment goes here. Are you sure you want to Yes No.
How Scammers Find You
Browse by Genre Available eBooks Be the first to like this. No Downloads.
Views Total views. Actions Shares. Embeds 0 No embeds. No notes for slide.